Welcome to the
Kansas City Chapter
International Facility Management Association
President’s Podium - March 2016
Happy March! So far winter has treated us kindly – fingers crossed that March stays calm. I hope all is well with each of you. I know we can’t all make it to every meeting and sometimes there feels as though we don’t have enough time to connect. Thankfully, we have the golf outing to look forward to in June! What a fantastic time to get together with your IFMA friends while helping support the scholarship fund. I hope you will sign up to sponsor, play, volunteer or any combination of the three! Sam Davidson is leading this event and has been extremely successful in his past endeavors. Please help him and the chapter to make this year’s event even better than the past! Let’s aim to raise $10K in scholarship funds. I KNOW we can do this. We have a great chapter and amazing sponsors. I’m excited to see all of you show us exactly how important the future of FM is to you!
Speaking of the future of FM, I’d like to give you an update on the IFMA Foundation as the newest member to the Board of Trustees. The Foundation’s latest newsletter included the following message which may resonate with and appeal to you:
Get involved with the future of Facility Management…
The IFMA Foundation is working to make FM a career of choice by telling high school students, their parents, teachers and others know of the great opportunities within Facility Management but we need your expertise and time.
Volunteering for the IFMA Foundation is a great way to give back to the FM profession. Not able to travel to IFMA events? Not much time to volunteer? No problem, you can still volunteer. Most of our volunteer needs are virtual. Join team meetings online.
Consider participating on one of the following teams:
1. Talking Points for PowerPoint Presentation on FM Educational Career Path from Student Outreach Materials Team
2. Intro to FM Presentation Team
This team will answer - What is FM? And explain the career path for parents & students in a PowerPoint presentation.
3. Student & Parent Web Pages & Brochure Team
4. How to Implement Internships Team
5. Day in the Life of FM Team (This team will create how to guides for facility tours, etc. to help students better understand FM)
6. Marketing, Communications & Social Media Team
7. Volunteer Recruitment Team
8. Fundraising Team
9. Chapter & Council Interaction
10. World Workplace 5K Fun Run
11. World Workplace Celebration Fundraiser Event
13. Academic Awards Ceremony at World Workplace
14. Facility Fusion Fundraiser Sponsor Recruitment Team
15. Tell the Foundation’s Stories Team
16. Thank you Team
17. FM Gamification Team
For more information or to volunteer contact Amy Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On another note, have you seen The Crane Watch maintained by The Kansas City Business Journal? It’s a pretty cool tool that shows you all of the development going on around the city. If you have a moment, check it out here – it’s pretty fascinating.
Hope to see your smiling faces at the tour of GSA on March 15.